Recipe by MelodyL
I seem to have lost my copy of my mother’s Peach Cobbler recipe, but I found this very old recipe that may be the one that Mom originally used. The recipe calls for any canned fruit. I use peaches.
Creeping Crust Cobbler
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2-4 cups canned fruit--any type--including juice (I use 2 large cans of peaches)
- Melt butter in deep 10" baking dish or casserole dish. While the butter melts, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, and milk together, into a batter.
- Pour batter into the baking pan/casserole dish, over butter (DO NOT STIR).
- Dump the canned fruit (juice and all) into the baking pan/casserole dish (DO NOT STIR).
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts (using whole milk and canned peaches in light syrup)
Amount Per Serving*
…..Total Fat 24.5g
…..Saturated Fat 15.3g
…..Polyunsaturated Fat 1.0g
…..Monounsaturated Fat 6.4g
Total Carbohydrate 103.0g
…..Dietary Fiber 3.3g
Vitamin A 28%
Vitamin C 12.9%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.